Holmen – Client (Pay Per Click)
Project: Setup Google Adwords account and effectively manage the paid search budget and work with the Marketing team in order to maximize ROI, drive traffic, and build brand awareness.
Process: Analyze the website and analytics to gather a thorough understanding of the business, its services and the market they want to connect with.
- Track, report, and analyze website analytics and PPC initiatives and campaigns
- Manage campaign expenses, staying on budget, estimating monthly costs and reconciling discrepancies
- Optimize copy and landing pages for paid search engine marketing campaigns
- Perform ongoing paid keyword discovery, expansion and optimization
- Research and analyze competitor advertising links
Outcome: Completed account setup that included the recommended budgets, CTR ranging between 5-10%, Website Tracking including conversion points and process to add new campaigns and keywords. Client team were educated to self manage campaign with a handover period for questions and guidance.
Sutter Health – Client (SEO)
Project: Manage SEO Campaign for PAMF.org and other related websites.
Process: Identify key sections on the website for optimization and drive relevant traffic to generate more conversions on the appointment page.
- Identify growth opportunities in site infrastructure, keyword selection, or on-page factors optimization
- Collaborate with the Marketing teams to advise them on SEO strategies and the SEO implications of their work and plans
- Analyze experiment results and pushing forward next steps at a fast pace
- Write specs and reports to test new emerging strategies and opportunities for growth and best practices
- Site audit to clean up spelling errors, broken links, missing tags, orphaned pages and duplicate / similar content
- On page SEO optimization that adhered to health policies and CMS limitations
Outcome: Internal stakeholders more educated on the benefits of SEO. Content optimized to target most relevant keywords and SERPs bench marked and tracked. Website goals setup on the site and relationship established to show direct correlation of relevant keywords / traffic to the number of conversions.
Tivo – Consulting (Search Engine Optimization)
Project: Provide onsite recommendations on key products and services in preparation of a site redesign.
Process: Identify opportunities, risks and best practices for key product pages
- Analyze analytics data to view identify top traffic pages
- Scan page for keywords and track position in search engines
- Group keywords based on ranking as opportunities or risks
- Map keywords to possible search volume.
- Provide recommendations on site structure, which pages can be changed and which ones should remain, navigation
- Provide Meta Data Recommendations including Title, Heading and suggestions on content and keyword focus
Outcome: Independent report to assist internal UX design and web development team to finalizing the SEO strategy for new site redesign.
Google Data Studio – Project (Reporting + Insights)
Developed summary reports to track SEO metrics and improve on best practices.
Melbourne IT – In house (Search Marketing)
Project: Manage the internal Google Adwords and Yahoo Search accounts for key corporate sites.
Process: Identify areas of improvement for ad-groups and under performing keywords.
- A/B test new creatives and landing pages to optimise keywords.
- Reduce keyword bids while maintaining conversion rates on target keywords.
- Maintain keyword position for existing keywords while optimizing budgets.
- Monthly focus on optimizing certain product sets and new marketing initiatives.
- Upload sales data to link conversions to shopping cart values.
- Report market positioning, opportunities and key performance of campaigns to executives.
Outcome: Built efficiencies in launching new campaigns and monthly reporting. Maintain keyword positions and optimized budgets a further 5%. Streamlined campaigns by eliminating poor performing ad groups resulting in a 50% time saving in managing the large amount of keywords.
Georgia Pacific – Client (Analytics)
Project: GP was a client for analytics insights and reporting.
Solution: Developed a dashboard that would track KPI’s that were important to GP and help them report back to the business on website trends and performance of advertising campaigns.
- Google analytics was linked so we had access to the data and configuration.
- Audit of the website was conducted to ensure tagging has been implemented on all web pages.
- Keywords were determined by core products and services and tracked in the search engines for position changes.
- Goals and conversions points were also determined and discussed with the client to ensure they are useful to report and track.
- Dashboard was created in excel as a base with data automatically pulled the through the API.
Outcome: GP had a Dashboard with key metrics that could be reported back to management of the status of the website. Data was compared with the previous month and the previous year as well as a running 18 month graph. The information was simple to digest and could be updated whenever business goals changed. GP was armed with data to track marketing activities and allocate budgets.
Fage Dairy Company – Client (Site Migration)
Project: Fage was an early adopter of the Dot Brand New gTLD. Previously they had their core sites on a .EU extension with separate markets on subdomains. With Increasing business in the US and not having the ability to secure .com extension Fage pushed forward of migrating existing websites to its own extension.
Solution: The URLs were changing for the website, so it was determined to include the site redesign as part of the implementation to minimize any impacts to SEO. The redesign involved restructuring the content so it was best to change the URLs at least as possible.
- Consulting on this project involved mapping out current websites and aligning the structure to the new .FAGE extension.
- Keywords were research to have a uniformed naming structure for all its existing websites. This included new opportunities for content areas to include as well as defensive registrations in other namespaces and a general policy on how to manage domains for the company as a whole.
- Multiple languages were involved so we had to have input from marketing departments from the local regions as well as the IT team that was handling the DNS / Server changes.
- Recommendations were made to the existing site structure and onsite elements to improve it from an SEO perspective and also allow for easier expansion of new products. Multiple options were given to them, depending on how they wanted to manage the website and how independent or consolidated they wanted each domain on the site to be.
- Link equity best practices were provided to handle inbound links and the best way to handle redirects.
- Analytics was also setup for the client on the new domain names, with Goals and Conversion points on key areas of the website.
- The project plan involved moving a smaller site first to the new extension as we were not sure how Google would handle .fage.
- The migration date was set to a day and time of the week that traditionally has the least amount of traffic.
- Once the physical migration was completed. Google and Bing Search engines were notified of the cutover via their site migration tools. The site was monitored and checked for broken links. Old urls were checked to ensure they were redirecting to the new domain and page. Search engine rankings were also checked to ensure to monitor.
Outcome: Successful migration of old domain extension to the company’s own .fage extension. It will be a permanent address so they will not have to change marketing material like they have in the past moving from domain to domain.
Westpac – Client (Technical SEO)
Problem: Site was not getting indexed in Google. Only a subdomain appeared and it had the title text in Russian.
Diagnosis: After receiving the raw server logs, it was identified that Googlebot was getting a 500 internal server error crawling the Westpac page. The server logs showed the robots.txt file was returning the 500 error. Googlebot does not continue crawling sites that return a 500 error.
Solution: Provided client a new robots.txt to be uploaded and also a sitemap file. After being uploaded the robots.txt file was checked to confirm it was returning the correct http status code. After confirming the file returned a status code of 200, the sitemap file was submitted to Google webmaster tools.
Outcome: Westpac website was indexed within 5 days of implementing changes. Client saw the benefit of following best practices for SEO and renewed the service for an additional year.
Hitwise – Internal (Productivity)dot project logo
Problem: Tasks were assigned using Outlook, which were inefficient in assignment and tracking.
Solution: Implemented a Project Management Tool from start to end. (https://dotproject.net/)
- research open source and off-the-shelf applications
- scope the technical requirements needed to host the application
- communicating benefits to upper management to get buy in
- setup production environment on debian server
- deploying application and testing functionality
- customizing application to business needs
- training staff on usage
- maintaining updates and backup of data
Outcome: Created a template for tasks with timelines automatically generated to give employees immediate visibility on expected delivery dates.
All client reporting was centralized, which allowed for easy tracking of campaign progress, simplified account handover and less time organizing reports.
PlanetDomain – Internal (Product Development)
Problem: Clients were asking for hosting solution. Local providers were expensive and US based providers required additional checks and only charged in USD.
Solution: Launched hosting product that would satisfy client basic needs.
Background: The quickest route was to use a white label solution from a stable hosting provider versus setting up the infrastructure and a datacenter.
Process: Look for an affordable dedicated hosting server that had a control panel to manage. After reviewing a few hosting providers Rackspace was chosen as the vendor with Plesk as the control panel.
Working with internal developer, the ordering form was modified to accept hosting requests at the time of a domain registration. Processes were setup to receive hosting requests and provisioning of the service so the client had access within 48 hours.
Outcome: New hosting product added an additional 50% more revenue in total sales. Our domain product combined with hosting was more affordable than any other local provider giving us a competitive edge.